About us and Aims
What we aim to achieve
The overall aim of our group (PPG) is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group key roles are:-
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
- Liaise with the Optimus group of practices to share and develop best practice and/or resources.
Our Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making, membership of the core is limited to twelve. Specialist sub-groups may be formed to deal with specific topics utilising individual skills and interests. Our group meets regularly approximately every twelve weeks. Members can be contacted through reception.
Harness Patient Participation Group Membership
Our Practice and our PPG is one of the sixteen local medical practices which comprises the Harness Commissioning Group, of which Harness is one of the five Commissioning Groups in Brent.
Harness aims and objectives include:-
A consortium based Patient Liaison group in order to engage with its patients to work together on shaping future services in General practice.
Communication links with patients about services being delivered and issues relating to the delivery and use of them; this may or may not be directed by local or national policies.
The Harness Patient Liaison group of practices meet regularly four times a year and during that time develop ways to meet and listen to the views of the patients in all seven practices.
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.